Friday, May 18, 2012

Coincidence, I think not!

I love plug in fresheners, so much so that I have a bin dedicated to just fresheners.  Normally I am always stocked up.  I pick one up about every other grocery trip.  Monday was my normal, clean it all up day.  I went to replace my fresheners and I was out!  The only one I have left is in my downstairs bathroom and I am not taking that one out.  I don't even want to know the actual smell of that bathroom.  So fresheners are on my list.

I love the Yankee plug ins.  I have a $10 Kohls cash card and the perception that "all" the Yankee candle products are 25% off at Kohls.  So I swing by there on my way to get Dylan.  I realized as I gathered my stuff to head in, I have forgotten my Kohls cash card.  "Well they are 25% of so I can still get at least one".  I pick up three (I know I can't resist) I place my items on the checkout and I watch as she scans each one,  $12.99 (no discount) $12.99 (no discount).  "Um I'm sorry are these not on sale?" "No".  I told her I was sorry that I could not afford these at full price.  So I walked out of Kohls with pouty lips and freshener less. 

The next day I had a small "honey do" list and this required a target trip.  I went immediately to the plug in isle and picked out my favorite scents, put them in the basket and went about my shopping.  The items on my list collectively had me over budget.  So once again, I had to compromise and the fresheners had to go back.  I passed the isle once and made sure the same lady that was there the first was not still there.  I circled back around, looked to make sure no one saw, and put the fresheners back.  That's right I have ninja like abilities.

Checked out, put the groceries in the back of my car.  I sat in my drivers side seat and hung my head.  I really just want some plug ins.  I want to walk into my house and smell fresh linen, they have a new Gain smell...I want that smell in my house.  I love that smell.  Well not today. 

Last night at Dylan's baseball game my sweet friend Jaci came over to say hi.  She had a bag, a present for me.  Inside the bag air fresheners!  I have never told Jaci my weird addiction to fresheners nor had I told her about my wanting them this week.  These were not just any plug ins, it was the Bath and Body Works freshneners with a Daisy as the plug in.  I wanted to cry.  Jaci had no idea that her sweet little gift turned out to be one of God's tender mercies.  I later told her my story we were both just floored at God's intricate part of each of our lives.

Some will write this off as a mere coincidence, that's okay, but I know, that I know, that I know that this was my Abba...
His promise to me...
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.  Ephesians 3:20,21

I received more than just some plug in freshener, I received agape from a dear friend, the plug in is a daisy,  the smells are so much better than Febreeze, and another anchor planted firmly in the ground.  God does meet our needs, He knows us so well, and He loves us so tenderly and now, in the midst of choas He does do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine.

5 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!! Those are the best gifts ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is in control in every situation. Best story I've read all year. God is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is amazing and so faithful. I am humbled that he used me to answer your prayer...when it was all inspired by wanting to thank you for your sweet gift to me.

    And today when I read this I did cry...God's answers to prayers are undeniable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story Summer! Like Mikka said - the best I've read all year.

    ReplyDelete