Monday, November 14, 2011

Reflection of Faith

I do not believe that I serve a selfish God.   I do not believe that God took Kelsie from me so that my Faith would be strong.  I believe that God has given us Faith, it is His gift to us, so that when times like these are forced upon us we are able to feel His presence,  tap into His strength, and hunger for the hope that the words written in red give us.  Has my Faith been strengthened, of course it has.  I have believed in God since I was a little girl.  I have prayed for many years.  I have been faithful to Him, I have been unfaithful.  But He has always been faithful to me.  My faith is made stronger because I know that I need God to get through this.  I know that it is with Him, through Him, and because of Him, that my family will come out of this abyss and find the light, the true light, the true joy that only comes from Jesus.  Anyone who believes even those who struggle to believe are given the gift of faith, God will not take from you so that your Faith will multiply, He has given us Faith so that we can rely on the peace that surpasses all understanding, when nothing makes sense.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

1 comment:

  1. I dont think it was about your faith. There is a ton of hurt in this world and i do believe Rom 8; 28. And he is faithful.

    ReplyDelete