Monday, May 7, 2012

Missing Us


To my sweet Kelsie,

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you
Gave me you

If you were here tonight, we would have laughed and danced to all The Voice contestants. When I heard God Gave Me You tonight I thought of you. I missed you.

When "God Gave Me You" played tonight, your memories bounced through my thoughts, one right after the other. A peace beyond understanding hugged my soul when the lyrics began to tattoo my heart! Your time on earth was but a breathe, but Kelsie Sloane, you sweet girl have impacted the absolute core of me. God gave me you, He knew I needed a sweet brown eyed girl to alter the course...I Love You and this is my song for you. I know you can see me from up there. Not a day goes by that I don't stop and look at a picture. Not a day goes by that my heart does not feel the missing. I know your heaven is better than anything I could imagine, but as God knit and wove you inside my belly I dreamed of our life together. I planned our tea parties, our volleyball tournaments, our arguments, our belly laughs, our dance moves, our peek-a-boo games. So much, so so much.

Missing Us,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. That song has been in my head all night , I miss her so much for you, when I realized yesterday that it had been a year since I had touched her and held her it stung so bad. I know God has you sister I know he does and I do trust that but it sure doesn't take this pain away. I miss her, I miss you in that picture, I miss us in that picture, always I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Summer. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is with yours, as always.

    ReplyDelete