Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In My Quiet Place

I have had a lot of quiet time with Jeff being gone this week for training.  I miss him terribly but I have had the privilege of filling in the blank spaces with time with God.  This morning I spent some time in Isaiah.  I was directed there through a Beth Moore study that I am doing with a good friend of mine on the fruits of the spirit.  I began to read Isaiah 29:12,13 out loud.  I would like to share my quiet time with you.

Isaiah 29: 12,13
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.   I will be found by you." declared the Lord.

My morning prayer:

Lord,
I come to you seeking you with my broken heart.  Lord, teach me your word so that I know what I know and when the feeling of faith dwindles I will still seek you because I know you, because I love you. Amen

I am so new in my journey of grief, the road ahead frightens me.  I am so weak in my faith, I know this because I have turned my back on God so many times.  I just long for an everlasting, none diminishing Jesus empowering presence in my heart, in my soul every moment of every day.  I know that for the days to come, as the years pass by, it is only with Christ that I can continue to fight the good fight.  It is with Christ that I can feel the pain but know that the burden is light.  "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Mathew 11:30. 

Through Christ I have the armor of God: Ephesians 6: 10-18 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

I have learned and I have seen with my own eyes, that on this side of heaven this grief journey never comes to an end my armor will have to be reapplied daily.  My happiness will fade in and out.  Sometimes moment by moment, sometimes day by day, and hopefully someday week by week.  So I pray that my ferocity for the spirit of the Lord is my constant so that I know that in the morning will come joy.  For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5.

4 comments:

  1. Summer, I was blessed to have the opportunity to read your journal post. I admire your love and longing for God because this is where we are satisfied. Thank you so much and I agree with Carol..this should be in print someday! You have a beautiful way with words! God bless you richly everyday in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write beautifully my friend! Continuing to pray and joining you in the desire of being led by the Spirit of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It blows my mind how you are growing! Summer, He will answer your desire for Him. I know you may always hurt somewhat here, but you are blessed and you are a blessing. What a precious child of God you are.

    ReplyDelete