Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Today I Pray

Lord,

With this morning came joy?  How is that possible, I wonder myself, but I do not question too long and allow that moment of joy to rush through my veins and fill my heart.  Your Grace has fallen upon me, it is your strength, not my own that has carried me through these weeks, now almost a month. Today Lord I ask that you allow your light to shine through me.  Continue to allow me to feel compelled to share with others the power of faith and the strength that only you can give.  Do not let me shy away from the pain or the loneliness, but allow me to feel and to show these emotions so that when people see me they know...they don't question...they know, that it is only because of you that I am able to find that sweet joy in the midst of so much pain.   Today I am strong Lord so I ask that you watch over those that are not today.  Give them the strength you have freely given me, push them to seek comfort in your loving arms.  You have given so much, today Lord I pray that I serve You with a faithful heart. 

~Amen 


2 Corinthians1:3-4   What a wonderful God we have-He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials.And why does He doe this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.

Favorite trip to Target ever...you sat up in the cart just like a big girl...you held on for dear life and smiled the whole time.  What great memories we have together.  You are so such a great baby, so much joy, so much love! 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you lord, you having joy today is the best birthday present I could ever ask for. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, I love you so much! I am so sorry I was not able to be the mother you wanted me to be when you where growing up. I can only pray the God will give me the courage, grace and strength to be the mother you need be to be now. you are my joy!! love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love you all, how perfect is this prayer, how humbled is each word of each beautiful woman represented here? There will be many beautiful days like this, even in the midst of sorrow, maybe especially in their midst! Sheila, my mother wasn't perfect, neither was I, but Virgie Bell was my mother, given to me by God Himself, just as Christy De'on was/is Aaron's and Shane's. God knew what He was doing even if we didn't!

    I love you all and I thank God for imperfect people. I'd hate to be alone in my need for Jesus and the covering of His blood!

    ReplyDelete